I recently came to the realization that we all have our own on/off switch which is controlled by non other than ourselves!
Fantastic news! So what next?
I decided that I wanted to permanently disconnect my “off” button and remain constantly “on”. Is that even possible? It’s not only possible, it’s actually easy!
Here’s how I’ve done it…
1) Relax. Seriously nothing is worth it in the long run. In life we win some and we loose some. No point whatsoever in dreading and self whipping. No matter how big the problem is today, tomorrow it will be insignificant.
2) Let go. I have been raised to be a fighter and praised for not giving up. Sometimes, letting go is the best option and is in fact a sign of strength. It’s OK not to get everything we want and it’s actually extremely smart to know when “enough is enough”.
3) Take control of your life. You and only you are capable to making decisions related to your life, don’t give this power to someone else. If you don’t want to do something, then don’t! If you think something is not right, then drop it! Trust yourself.
4) Turn defeat into triumph. If you think about defeat as an opportunity, then you are the ultimate winner. There is no such thing as defeat, I like to call it learning, adjusting and rebounding. Never let a bad situation control you.
5) Don’t take bullshit. Seriously, I am not advocating that you get into a fight with everyone, I am just advocating that if you don’t like something, or if you’re in a situation that is uncomfortable, just walk away. It’s not worth it.
These 5 magical steps, helped me own my life and own my on/off switch.
Don’t become a victim of circumstances… Maintain a tight grip on your life and choose to be “on”. So what turns you on? Don’t go overboard thinking that having that rolex or that dream home is going to do it for you. Think experiences not material possessions… Each and everyone of us has different “on” drivers, find out what they are and apply them! Really it’s that simple.
You can watch your life change instantaneously. All of a sudden you notice life’s intricacies, the beauty of a sunny day, the soothing effect of a nice melody, the rewarding feeling after having a nice conversation, the joy of helping a stranger, the openness to find opportunities and the miracle of being alive.
Before you think that I live in a utopia, try it for a day, take control of your life and decide how you want to feel. Find out what turns you on and just do it! And while you do so, listen to this tune.
Enjoy & Happy Friday!